The Master of Science in Criminal Justice program will provide opportunities for advanced graduate work and scholarship in criminal justice.
The program is designed to:
- Provide a Master's of Science degree for entry into leadership positions in criminal justice professions.
- Provide advanced professional educational opportunities for those who already work in the field of criminal justice.
- Produce a new generation of academics capable of pursuing doctoral studies and leading the profession of criminal justice in the 21st century.
The students graduating with a Master's of Science in Criminal Justice degree will:
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the field of criminal justice.
- Acquire theoretical knowledge of crime and criminal behavior.
- Have improved skills for conducting scientific research in criminal justice.
- Develop improved competence in criminal justice administration and leadership.
- Attain academic competence to pursue doctoral studies in criminal justice.